Here is a simple twitter-bot I created for fun. Every 5 minutes it searches for an instance of “I could care less” and replaces it with “I think you mean you couldn’t care less.” The bot itself is periodically down because it’s technically spam (even if it’s funny spam). Here’s the code, which requires the python-twitter library, and there’s a stable section on the code & software page for it.
- Become a Programmer, Motherfucker
- The Recipes of Punchfork
- This article, which makes some really good points about redistribution
- Factual.com – a start up that is providing a harmonized API for a curated set of data from all over the web
This is a tool that I created in order to shrink estimates for population statistics in the CPS using weights which decay by distance, but could certainly be used for other purposes. The datasets contain a distance measure by:
1. the minimum number of borders one must cross to enter each other state, and
2. the distance from the center of each state in miles.
LINKS FOR DOWNLOAD:
Details below the jump. . .
. . . to stuartvcraig.com!